- Take small portions of food and eat in small plates.
- At least 1 hour of exercise daily- Aerobics/Gym/Swimming/Walking or combination of these.
- Have half litre water 15 minutes before each meal.
- Total water intake should be more than 3 litre/day.
- Before going for a party/get together, have your food from home or pack it from home and have it there,
- Don’t read or watch TV while eating
- Keep food diaries having daily entry of what food you eat and at what time. You can maintain these in mobile applications.
- Practice some sort of mind relaxation exercises to reduce stress since stress can lead to weight gain.
- Have at least 7 hours of sleep daily.
- Finish dinner before 7 pm.
What food items to avoid eating?
- Rice Products- Including Dosa, Appam, Puttu, Idli,Idiyappam, Rice, Biriyani etc.
- Hotel food and buffets.
- Avoid unhealthy snacks Like Chips, Biscuits,Bakery items- instead take dry fruits for snacks.
- Fried items like Vada,Fish, Chicken, Fries etc.
- Gravy (Heavy).
- Fruit Juice- All kind of tinned or fresh fruit juice.
What food items to eat?
- All kind of vegetables (Using minimum oil to cook).
- Fruits- To be taken before Sunset (Before 6 p.m).
- Vegetable juice – Beetroot/Carrot/Pineapple along with the pulp.
- Sprouted Green grams/Salads like Carrot, Beetroot, Cucumber, Tomato,
- Lettuce, Capsicum
- Chickpeas or Kadala
- Beans- All varieties of beans including kidney beans.
- Vegetable curry (Less gravy, less oil to be used to make gravies). Dry fruit (except dates) Less than total of 20 at snack time.
- Chicken/Fish/Egg – Steamed, Grilled, Tandoor (in less oil). If you want to have gravy, make it with less oil, more of water based gravy and avoid coconut milk in gravy.
- Dosa (made with minimum oil) – Use batter made up of Green grams, Ragi, Pulses, Flax and oats instead of rice.